Axial Piston Engine
The Axial Piston Engine is an innovative, internal combustion engine that operates with continuous combustion in a single, cylinder shared, combustion chamber. Because of this shared principle, the energy contained in the exhaust gas heat exchanger results in a higher efficiency. Another advantage of continuous combustion is, that it meets current and future emission restrictions – without a catalyst (eg. 28 ppm NOx at full load).
The Axial Piston Engine runs on a variety of fuel, is compact and operates completely without vibrations. The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) highly recommends this engine.
Highlights of the engine:
- Increase efficency and realisation of fuel variety
- Reduction of CO2-emissions
- Reduction of other pollutants such as CO, HC, NOx
- Use of the exhaust gas energy - in modern engines more energy is lost in the exhaust gas than is used
- Redused noise
- Contribution to sustainability: unsing renewable energy such as biomass for fuel